TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Beware Chicago language school, Shenyang
Thom Yorke - 2008-09-28

Although reputedly one of the best schools in Shenayng the school is under new management and they are trying to make the school profitable for the first time this means low wages, poor support for the teachers and generally the place is poorly run and not enough adult classes (but screaming children a plenty). They obviously don't care about the standard of teaching and are cultivating an unpleasant atmosphere by implementing a league table for the teachers where the ones at the bottom get told to improve or find a new job I was only there part-time but felt the way the management treated me was very poor and as i can work at other schools for the same money thought it not worth it to put up with such poor man management. I originally replied to an advert they posted here for IELTS teachers but instead most my classes were kids and English corners, and I hear from a teacher working there now they have full time contracts at 6000RMB for 100 hours a month not the 8000RMB to 10000RMB they advertise.

Messages In This Thread
Beware Chicago language school, Shenyang -- Thom Yorke -- 2008-09-28
Re: Beware Chicago language school, Shenyang -- john smith -- 2008-11-25
Re: Beware Chicago language school, Shenyang -- englishgibson -- 2009-11-23
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Beware Chicago language school, Shenyang

Go to another board -