TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: EF Schools in Jinan: Be careful
Spy vs. Spy - 2008-10-04

"I know that I would rather stay here in China for now then go back to Australia and work 60 or 70 hours a week ( although I could earn forty times more in Australia )"

Teachers in Australia work sixty to seventy hours a week?

You are in Wuhan and your monthly salary may be more; however, for sake of argument let's say you earn a paltry 5,000 RMB per month - forty, times five thousand, equal 200,000 yuan. With me so far? Now, divide two hundred thousand by six point nine (6.9). Should come out in the vicinity of $28,985.51 (I took the liberty of rounding up .507 to .51. Hope you don't mind?) I know you are an Aussie but for my purposes I'm using, now, almost worthless U.S. dollars.

Nitty-gritty, you can't get a "cushy little university job" in Aussie World. Fact: you can't get ANY teaching job in the land down under. You are not qualified - you are uneducated. Further, if you think that I or anyone else will believe that a carpenter/ hair dresser in the land of the kangaroo pulls in a monthly salary approximating 30,000 dollars (U.S.) per month, well... dingo, you're barking up the wrong eucalyptus tree!

Messages In This Thread
Re: EF Schools in Jinan: Be careful -- Spy vs. Spy -- 2008-10-04
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: EF Schools in Jinan: Be careful

Go to another board -