TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › equal opportunity
Njina Grant - 2005-01-08
In response to Re: Looking for a job (Kim)

Hello my name is Njina Grant.I am from Jamaica and I would consider myself to be a native English speaker. I am in the process of completing my B.A. in Literatures of English by July 2005 Although i am not considered a native english speaker[ i don't know why because it is the only language i've known] I would like to know if i am qualified to seek for jobs. Would you be so kind also to inform me of the qualifications I need in order to apply for a job. Seeking information in this area i have found that other non native speakers have found jobs teaching abroad. I have the full confidence that i am capable and suitable as any other native english speaker of doing an exemplary job of imparting my knowledge of English. I think it is unfair to limit whom they consider to be native english speakers. I believe that if you have a degree in education or english and a high score in your TEFL that you are just as suitable as any other regardless of the fact that you are a non native seaker, you should have equal opportunity. Native speakers are not the only people who speak and write excellent and fluent english. We little countries have mastered that also.Thank you

Messages In This Thread
Looking for a job -- Joy -- 2004-07-08
Re: Looking for a job -- newbie sensei -- 2004-08-13
Re: Looking for a job -- Kim -- 2004-07-08
equal opportunity -- Njina Grant -- 2005-01-08
you are just as good!!! -- esl in asia -- 2005-01-08
Ooops! -- An Inquiring Mind -- 2005-01-08
Racist schools -- Gary Jia la bi -- 2005-01-09
That's a good idea festus -- esl in asia -- 2005-01-08
Who Are They? -- An Inquiring Mind -- 2005-01-08
Thanks for the encouragement -- esl in asia -- 2005-01-08
Re: Looking for a job -- CAPWISE CONSULTING Canada -- 2004-07-08