TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Dealing with culture clash in the workplace, China/Asia
Michael Shields - 2008-12-05

I am very new to China. I have only been teaching here for 5 weeks. I have found teaching to be fun but have had some major culture clashes with the bosses and staff in resolving issues. I have been percieved as being confrontational and nearly got fired when I routinely updated my resume on an ESL website only to have it automatically sent to the company I work for (they thought I was looking for another job). In Australia updating a resume and confrontation (where I have worked previously it is almost considered a sport!) would not cause so much trouble. Could you please give me some tips or suggestions on working in China and Asian countries.

Messages In This Thread
Dealing with culture clash in the workplace, China/Asia -- Michael Shields -- 2008-12-05
Re: Dealing with culture clash in the workplace, China/Asia -- Li Bai -- 2008-12-10
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Dealing with culture clash in the workplace, China/Asia

Go to another board -