TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Dealing with culture clash in the workplace, China/Asia
Slverboy - 2008-12-07

It makes a HUGE diffrence what type of school you work at. If you are working at a training centre then confrontation is almost inevitable. If you are told how you should teach by a DOS ( or god forbid, a TA!) then you are at at crap school.

I like my job because I can use Western teaching methods and strategies that I know are suitable to the needs of particular classes. The Chinese, in general practice a generic style of teaching, there is no variation, a lack of creativity, the "one size fits all" aproach.

Nobody should obey their Chinese employers orders if that enployer is incompetent, and unwilling to change. FT's should be allowed to teach without constant interference from som stupid goon ( or goons ) who know nothing.

Gingermeggs, I have come across people like you in China before, grovelling weasels, "yes men", who just do what they are told. And of course, if you are a yes man in China you will get promoted quicker and more easily. Then you become an overrated "DOS" ( what a laugh that position is ) You will then instruct new teachers about your crap training centre teaching methods.

You can't teach me anything Gingermeggs, I wasn't born yesterday. I advise all new teachers to only work at large universities in major cities: eg Wuhan, Shanghai, Beijing.

Ignore posters like Gingermeggs, they will lead you down the wrong path every time.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Dealing with culture clash in the workplace, China/Asia -- Gingermeggs -- 2008-12-06
Re: Dealing with culture clash in the workplace, China/Asia -- Slverboy -- 2008-12-07
Re: Dealing with culture clash in the workplace, China/Asia -- Gingermeggs -- 2008-12-07
Re: Dealing with culture clash in the workplace, China/Asia -- Turino -- 2008-12-07
Re: Dealing with culture clash in the workplace, China/Asia -- been here -- 2008-12-07
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Dealing with culture clash in the workplace, China/Asia

Go to another board -