TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Dealing with culture clash in the workplace, China/Asia
Turino - 2008-12-07

Silverboy wrote: "Gingermeggs, I have come across people like you in China before, grovelling weasels"
"You can't teach me anything Gingermeggs, I wasn't born yesterday"

Gingermegs responded: Maybe we could teach you some manners, but probably not. Maybe we could teach you to read properly, but probably not.
We are discussing "confrontational", and differences in culture, not inciting rebellion!
My evaluation: Silverboy is not a grovelling weasel, of which there are too many amongst the FT's teaching in China i m o. If more of 'us' were prepared to voice our grievances to our Chinese bosses timeously and firmly, they would probably respect at least some of our justified grievances rather than ignore them all until all the bad things have accumulated to such a point that the end result is a shouting match. Hardly a rebellion!
The basic difference between Chinese employees and Western ones is that the former will always respect their bosses,even bad ones,whereas Westerners with bacbone working for bad bosses will make trouble until the problems are resolved, or he (or she) has to be fired.
I go with Silverboy's point of view - I wasn't born yesterday either!

Messages In This Thread
Re: Dealing with culture clash in the workplace, China/Asia -- Gingermeggs -- 2008-12-06
Re: Dealing with culture clash in the workplace, China/Asia -- Slverboy -- 2008-12-07
Re: Dealing with culture clash in the workplace, China/Asia -- Gingermeggs -- 2008-12-07
Re: Dealing with culture clash in the workplace, China/Asia -- Turino -- 2008-12-07
Re: Dealing with culture clash in the workplace, China/Asia -- been here -- 2008-12-07
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Dealing with culture clash in the workplace, China/Asia

Go to another board -