TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › a little advice
anon - 2008-12-10

hey all

i have been living in china for almost 3 years now, i was working in one of the bigger cities, but i moved 6 months ago to one of the smaller cities. I was working in an international school teaching esl, but now i work in a training company :(. I have always worked in the international school and i didnt know anything about the various training schools.

I can not settle into the training school at all, i have had so arguements with my "boss" about the material we have to teach. I admit sometimes i can be a little stubborn and even over confident perhaps arrogant, but i dont mean to be, i love china and my wife is chinese. But sometimes the ideas that my company invent are not so sensible.

The training school think that i am a good teacher, and often they ask me to train the other FT. One of the FT's is particulary bad and often the students complain about his less than satisfactory teaching style.

however, when i make a suggestion about perhaps possible new classes they often just ignore me. They have a referral system here in which if the students are not performing well they have to repeat the topic, But the other teachers dont really care and i am the only one who refers, i dont like being difficult bit letting vastly under skilled styudents into higher levels is not helpful

anyway, my wife tells me that i should just be like the other FT's and not care, but i like teaching maybe she is right, i am only giving myself a headache

HELP!

Messages In This Thread
a little advice -- anon -- 2008-12-10
Re: a little advice -- AMonk -- 2008-12-10
Re: a little advice -- Li Bai -- 2008-12-10
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › a little advice

Go to another board -