TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › If they prefer whites, so what?
Bally Hoo - 2008-12-17

It's their country and their prerogative. If you want an advantage over evil white males go apply for a job with the politically correct, affirmative action laden US federal government. I have some friends pretty high up in HR departments in major companies who tell me they are mandated by the EEOC to hire a certain amount of women and minorities lest they face nasty audits. A good friend of mine tells me it's just simpler to hire a woman or minority over a white male even if the white male has better qualifications because of the risk of lawsuits. When my brother incorporated his business he started getting letters from the EEOC reminding him of their policies and his compliance if his business employed over a certain amount of people. What's important is for companies to be able to hire whomever is the best fit in terms of getting along with coworkers and fitting in with the company culture.

Going by your logic, are white and asian students better than black and hispanic students because they have to be because of racist admissions policies in universities?

Messages In This Thread
If they prefer whites, so what? -- Bally Hoo -- 2008-12-17
If They Prefer Whites, it's Their Problem. Oh!, Such Misguided Souls. -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2008-12-17
Re: If They Prefer Whites, it's Their Problem. Oh!, Such Misguided Souls. -- Concordia cum veritate -- 2008-12-18
Re: If they prefer whites, so what? -- Li Bai -- 2008-12-17
Re: If they prefer whites, so what? -- ozzie -- 2010-07-01
Re: If they prefer whites, so what? -- woolaozhi -- 2010-06-26
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › If they prefer whites, so what?

Go to another board -