TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Can a school be both public and private?
Not surprised anymore - 2008-12-22

I have been negotiating with a school for a position with them, and I am having my doubts. Reason one I am having doubts, is that this place claims to be both a publicly owned school, and a private institution as well. What?

This sounds like hogwash to me, how can you be both public and private I asked? They say they are owned by the government, but are an "English training center" so they are both public and private.

This sounds like bunk to me, and just some new way for private training centers to escape the stigma of being nothing mpore than a language mill. They all read these boards, just like us teachers do. They know full well that public schools are seen as much better places to work than private ones. Hence this new line of BS to attract new teachers.

I don't like it one bit, this trying to have your cake and eat it to, you can't be both public and private. Or am I missing something?

My other concern is that, innitially they offered no airfare reimbursement. Then, after some negotiating, they offered it, but will only pay it at the end of year. Now we all know 70 percent of schools will try to find some way not to pay this end of year bonus of sorts, hence, monthly payments are much more reasonable I think. They however won't budge, yet another reason to be suspicious.

I think I will pass, if only because it all sounds rather fishy to me, and contradictory to boot.

Messages In This Thread
Can a school be both public and private? -- Not surprised anymore -- 2008-12-22
Re: Can a school be both public and private? -- doesitmatter -- 2008-12-22
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Can a school be both public and private?

Go to another board -