TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: What's reaonable and unreasonable to ask of a school?
The Enlightened One - 2009-01-13
In response to What's reaonable and unreasonable to ask of a school? (Not surprised anymore)

I totally and completely agree with you. Universities are known throughout the and market for paying lower than training centers. The perks are suppose to be paid for accommodations, utilities and stability. This will will surely have a VERY difficult time hiring any decent foreign teachers. I think we all need to stick together (we being foreign teachers) to a stronger degree than what is current. Remember that giving into these crappy condition will only make it worse for the rest of us... and future prospective foreign teachers.

I think you were entirely reasonable, but in China we all know being reasonable doesn't work very well. Most times you have to act like a straight up jerk to get what you want. It's sad really. No truer words could be spoken about the ESL market in China.

"Give them an inch, they take a mile, give them a mile and they own you."

Messages In This Thread
What's reaonable and unreasonable to ask of a school? -- Not surprised anymore -- 2009-01-13
Re: What's reaonable and unreasonable to ask of a school? -- doesitmatter -- 2009-01-13
Re: What's reaonable and unreasonable to ask of a school? -- The Enlightened One -- 2009-01-13
Re: What's reaonable and unreasonable to ask of a school? -- druther not say -- 2009-01-13
Re: What's reaonable and unreasonable to ask of a school? -- doesitmatter -- 2009-01-14
Re: What's reaonable and unreasonable to ask of a school? -- druther not say -- 2009-01-14
Re: What's reaonable and unreasonable to ask of a school? -- doesitmatter -- 2009-01-14
Re: What's reaonable and unreasonable to ask of a school? -- Not surprised anymore -- 2009-01-14
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: What's reaonable and unreasonable to ask of a school?

Go to another board -