TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: What's reaonable and unreasonable to ask of a school?
doesitmatter - 2009-01-15

First, I'm not naive enough to think that altruism is anything but a concept. Perhaps a concept worth striving for, but, nevertheless, still a concept.

Second, I'm here because I want to be. Simple as that. But as to your more direct question as to why I want to teach here, let's just say I feel it necessary at this point in my life and for the sake of brevity leave it that.

Third, I have absolutely no interest in whether or not current economic situations in the West will result in more bozos coming to China as pretend teachers. There's already enough of them to tip the scales anyway. I'll do whatever I can do to balance things out, but, again, I'm not naive enough to think it'll make much difference one way or the other. However, no matter what I do, I'll do it with head held high knowing I'm not deviating in any way from my own sense of what is right or what is wrong. Apparently, you aren't either, and that's all well and good. I could care less if you womanize and drink from dusk till dawn - that's got nothing to do with me and nothing to do with my hope for the young people of China. What you do when you're in the classroom is what matters to me. Moreover, though I disagree with some of your posts from time to time and don't always like your attitude, I've never seen any real indication that you don't care about your students. That is, I doubt you would condone foreign teachers giving their students the answers to exams that coordinators have worked hard at writing. I also doubt that you would find some convoluted way to defend those teachers.

My reply to Turnoi's post was only meant to show that I see no value in making the connection he made. It's like apples and bananas. Beyond that, it's not necessary for you, Silverboy, to jump to Turnoi's defense. He can do it on his own.

Messages In This Thread
Re: What's reaonable and unreasonable to ask of a school? -- doesitmatter -- 2009-01-15
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: What's reaonable and unreasonable to ask of a school?

Go to another board -