TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › should i sell my soul for money ndi
bungle - 2009-01-25

hey all

i am have been working in a company called NDI for around a year now its a training school, having worked in china for almost 3 years now i have worked in a few schools. It has come to the new contract negotions stage and the company have offered to double my salary if i stay (i had already told them i was leaving).

My experiences with this company has been a series of ups and downs, well mostly downs, the company structure is poor, the materials are so-so, outdated at best, the course consultants (sales people) would sell their grandparents for a sale, so much so that you sometimes have people as young as 10 years old studying material which is only suitable for adults. my salary has been paid late on a number of occasions, the company promise lots of holidays, but when i comes round to the chinese holidays we normally only have 3 days because the owners are greedy, just the usual type of stuff.

However, i quite like the staff because on a whole they are nice friendly people with the exception of the girl who organises the schedule, she is lazy meaning that we only get our schedules on the day that we teach, meaning that its difficult to organise a personal life because you are never sure when you will start or finish, but aside from her the staff are nice.i also quite like some of the students.

the thing is that i know that this place is business first and education second.

But if i leave this place i will have to start again with another company which will probably be similar, i dont know if i can be bothered with that shit, so i ask you all should i sell my soul for money?

p.s to other people who are considering this place, from my experience i would say it might be best to look at other schools first, if i had have more time last year i would have too but i had some time constraints with my z visa.

Messages In This Thread
should i sell my soul for money ndi -- bungle -- 2009-01-25
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › should i sell my soul for money ndi

Go to another board -