TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: general question
Turino - 2009-02-13

Turnoi has posted...."However, I would not claim my German to be "good"; I feel much more at home in English and some other languages."

But my opinion is that Turnoi's German is a good deal better than the English of a significant number of FT's whose 2nd language is English having the audacity to 'teach' EFL here in the PRC.

"The translation of your German text probably comes from a Google translation machine, or am I wrong?"

What makes you think I have used a translation tool?In fact,my mother was German.

"I am using a special input editor when typing different kinds of languages, even those in non-Latin script. This software even has virtual keyboard for typing the "umlauts". If you are interested, you can find this software (free download) at: http://www.unipad.org"

Thanks very much for the info re software.But it wouldn't serve me well,simply because I might only need it when you post in German on this board,which is extremely seldom,for obvious reasons.

I hope your crocs will go on being appreciative of their linguistically talented trainer.If not,you'll be in danger of losing your life when helpless in their jaws!

By the way,how do they respond to Latin,or haven't you added that dead language to their curriculum yet?I'd have expected you to have done so by now,given that their English has improved by leaps and bounds since you first started teaching them.

Messages In This Thread
Re: general question -- Turino -- 2009-02-13
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: general question

Go to another board -