TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › A university hired 3 teachers without degree, Z visas issued
scholar - 2009-03-07
In response to Re: Chinese VISA (GreenSmurf)

Bob will not be able to get a Z visa without a degree. The school will not be able to get said visa just because they can legally hire foreigners. Maybe 5 or 10 years ago this was the case, but no longer.

Scholar is no scholar at all, if one is to go by his lame advice

You are entitled to our opinion GreenSmurf, however I am sorry to say you are misinformed and further misinforming Bob the OP. I do not claim to be an expert in visa matters but my university here in Jiangsu, having just hired 3 teachers for this spring term in exactly the circumstances I have detailed in my first post on this subject, I feel I am 'up to date' with the information given so the advice was not lame at all as you claim. Two are from the US and one from Britain and obtained Z visas on the basis of teaching experience and were issued with letters of invitation by the uni. None have degrees. I myself work in the administration which does not require a degree, nevertheless I have one.
Strange how people pop out of the woodwork to damn others who try to give first hand accurate (rather than hearsay) info. by request. Or could it be one of the usual know all suspects under an alias perhaps?

Messages In This Thread
China: Chinese VISA -- Bob THT -- 2009-03-05
Re: Chinese VISA -- scholar -- 2009-03-06
Re: Chinese VISA -- Bob THT -- 2009-03-06
Re: Chinese VISA -- Turino -- 2009-03-06
Re: Chinese VISA -- Bob THT -- 2009-03-07
Re: Chinese VISA -- scholar -- 2009-03-07
Re: Chinese VISA -- GreenSmurf -- 2009-03-07
visas and stuff -- doesitmatter -- 2009-03-07
A university hired 3 teachers without degree, Z visas issued -- scholar -- 2009-03-07
Re: A university hired 3 teachers without degree, Z visas issued -- GreenSmurf -- 2009-03-08
Re: A university hired 3 teachers without degree, Z visas issued -- scholar -- 2009-03-08
Re: A university hired 3 teachers without degree, Z visas issued -- ModelTeacher -- 2009-03-09
Re: A university hired 3 teachers without degree, Z visas issued -- Turino -- 2009-03-09
Re: A university hired 3 teachers without degree, Z visas issued -- GreenSmurf -- 2009-03-09
Re: A university hired 3 teachers without degree, Z visas issued -- scholar -- 2009-03-09
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › A university hired 3 teachers without degree, Z visas issued

Go to another board -