TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: General help with hours of work, China
Turino - 2009-03-30
In response to Re: General help with hours of work, China (Lianhuanhua)

"Actually, you are a dressmaker without a degree. But, I know you will continue your education at some point in the future. Get that degree. You'll feel much better about yourself and you won't have to 'backup' to get your paycheck, and look your fellow teachers in the eye. Keep up the good work Silverboy."
Do any dressmakers have degrees relevant to their occupation?Somehow,I doubt it!And why should he need to or want to 'continue his education at some point in the future'?Seems to me you're implying that he should do so.
Looking at the illiterate resumes and posts posted on this board by even those with master's degrees makes me think it would be a waste of time for him to do so.By the way,I think for me to do so would also be a waste of time.
What makes you think he has an inferiority complex and feels he doesn't deserve his cash in hand at the end of each month?His posts do not convey that impreesion in my view.
Paychecks in China?Don't make me laugh?Reminds me of a useless oral book co-produced here with teachers from the land of the free,called Family Album...,which predicted the end of cash as coins and bank notes worldwide by the new millenium,the year 2000,a load of bilge,in fact!
Looking his fellow teachers in the eye?Come on now.You don't seriously expect us to believe that FT's without degrees feel inferior to those with same in China,do you?
In fact,what Silverboy can't stand is the oneupmanship and elitism practised by some posters on the board to denigrate their fellow FT's on account of level of salary and/or workplace (backwater in contrast with provincial capital etc) and/or formal qualifications. I can't stand it either.Hence I sprang to his defence.And I have a degree from the University of Edinburgh in mathematics,but I choose not to be a snob.
I'm amazed how FT's in China often get the wrong end of the stick so readily!

Messages In This Thread
Re: General help with hours of work, China -- Lianhuanhua -- 2009-03-30
Re: General help with hours of work, China -- Turino -- 2009-03-30
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: General help with hours of work, China

Go to another board -