TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: General help with hours of work, China
ESLman - 2009-03-30

I have always stated here that I have a degree that is unrelated to teaching, and most FT"s in China and the rest of Asia are in a similar position to myself.

I am not at all convinced that your statement (above) has any value unless you have compiled sufficient data to justify the claim. Generalizations such as yours should not be made so hastily.

Just out of interest, could you state what the unrelated to teaching 'degree' that you hold is?
I was interested to see your request for employment posted on the Resumes board which mentions the Fashion and Design 'Diploma' but no mention of the 'degree' you now claim. One would assume that that piece of information would be of great interest to a prospective employer as well as being one of the prerequisites for a proper post in a public university, though it is known of course, that there are ways and means around this in some provinces and poor establishments in cities such as Wuhan.

A properly qualified teacher, a degree (in no matter what), a PG DE and a few years classroom experience, not only commands respect from colleagues and students alike but also, I venture to say, makes a better teacher and not just an entertainer with poor grammar and bad drinking habits.

Messages In This Thread
Re: General help with hours of work, China -- ESLman -- 2009-03-30
Re: General help with hours of work, China -- Turino -- 2009-03-31
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: General help with hours of work, China

Go to another board -