TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Native Speakers vs. Non Native Speakers
Turino - 2009-04-05

Any non-native speakers of English out there as well as native speakers of English who are not white need not be despondent re obtaining posts in China as FT's.That's because there are opportunities available for such job seekers in less developed parts of the country,of which there are still many.
I have had personal experience of working in one such area,where many of my fellow FT's were non-whites or non-native speakers of English having no Western university degrees,lack of which was no problem as the employer was able to arrange F visas for them locally.I'm not going to mention said employer explicitly here as I know that his critics,of which I am not one,will quickly denigrate his company once again.But if you wish to apply there,you can discover where to apply by first googling the ESL Teachers Board for Mr River.
Two other things worth mentioning,you'll be expected to give a successful demo before being hired,but if you're worth your salt as an educator,you've nothing to fear on that basis.And,depending on where you're placed,you may be subject to a curfew,eg you must be in your accommodation by 11:00 pm each night.

Messages In This Thread
Native Speakers vs. Non Native Speakers -- Mac -- 2009-04-04
Re: Native Speakers vs. Non Native Speakers -- sweetie -- 2009-04-10
Re: Native Speakers vs. Non Native Speakers -- Turino -- 2009-04-05
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Native Speakers vs. Non Native Speakers

Go to another board -