TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Native Speakers vs. Non Native Speakers
sweetie - 2009-04-10

I have been teaching in China for 3 years and yet we can't avoid RACISM in terms of hiring Foreign Teachers.I used to work in one of the biggest city in China during my first year and unfortunately I had the difficulty of looking for School the fact that their priorities are NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKERS.Well,after a long wait I found a good school who accepted me not because of the Country where I came from but because I have shown my skills,techniques and good teaching strategies associated with hard work and patience to my students.This is already my 2nd year contract to my School.It was really challenging on my part the fact that I had a co-teacher ,a NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKER and of course his salary is higher than what I received every month.I thought he was good enough to be a teacher but I was astonished to discover that he wasn't good in teaching strategies.He simply go to the classroom talking something about his country, his experiences and so on.Though it's true he is perfect in speaking but he lacks knowledge and skills of teaching English .I am not surprised to know that he wasn't a TEACHER but indeed a driver.That's why even though I am not a native English speaker I am still proud of myself because I am doing my best as a professional TEACHER.Giving our best is simply the key to prove our efficiency as a teacher regardless of race.GOOD LUCK to all!!

Messages In This Thread
Native Speakers vs. Non Native Speakers -- Mac -- 2009-04-04
Re: Native Speakers vs. Non Native Speakers -- sweetie -- 2009-04-10
Re: Native Speakers vs. Non Native Speakers -- Turino -- 2009-04-05
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Native Speakers vs. Non Native Speakers

Go to another board -