TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Probationary Periods For FT's in China
ESLman - 2009-04-12

I don't know what sort of outfit you work for that doesn't issue standard contracts to its FT's!

I can only assume that this remark (above) was made in a derisory manner.

The "outfit" as you call it, of which I am a permanent faculty member, is one of China's top three universities and offers suitably qualified candidates the opportunity to negotiate their contracts, which upon agreement, are ratified by the Bureau Of Foreign Experts and Ministry Of Education. Other establishments, whether private or state, do generally offer the standard contracts that you refer to, however these are also open to negotiation between teacher and management and should be viewed as a starting point and clauses may be removed or added with mutual agreement.

If a contract is not to your liking you are free not to sign it and continue seeking another employer more amenable to your requirements.

Is it a mark of the lack of common sense among many FT's who take overseas jobs, sign contracts and then complain how unfair they are on boards such as this ?

Messages In This Thread
Probationary Periods For FT's in China -- Wily -- 2009-04-10
Re: Probationary Periods For FT's in China -- ESLman -- 2009-04-11
Re: Probationary Periods For FT's in China -- Turino -- 2009-04-11
Re: Probationary Periods For FT's in China -- ESLman -- 2009-04-12
Re: Probationary Periods For FT's in China -- Turino -- 2009-04-13
Re: Probationary Periods For FT's in China -- Marcus -- 2009-04-13
Re: Probationary Periods For FT's in China -- cunning lingisut -- 2009-04-14
Re: Probationary Periods For FT's in China -- Marcus -- 2009-04-14
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Probationary Periods For FT's in China

Go to another board -