TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Probationary Periods For FT's in China
Turino - 2009-04-14

I have also wondered why in some contracts there is a clause relating to the percentage of students that like or don't like a foreign teachers class. Who is in charge? Seems that at many schools the TA's and students have more authourity than the foreign teachers.
So if students ( or a TA ) think an FT's class is boring, or the FT is too strict, they have the right to remove that teacher? What a lot of BS that is!
Much better to work at a public university where you can teach what you want, and how you want without any interference from pests like TA's or a useless DOS.

I couldn't agree with you more.What you have posted reminds me of what a certain Paul from Canada,appointed head of FT's by a company supplying middle schools with same in a county seat in the south of Shanxi,said on a special occasion:
China only needs FT's who can make their lessons entertaining enough to make students like English.Those of us who are here tonight at our company's Christmas Party are only those who were able to satisfy their students from the outset,and we should continue to do so in order to be able to attend future ones.

The last thing I need is such advice from the likes of Paul.I don't think you do either!

Messages In This Thread
Re: Probationary Periods For FT's in China -- Turino -- 2009-04-14
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Probationary Periods For FT's in China

Go to another board -