TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Forged documents
Turino - 2009-04-22

Another problem I have is the attitude I have received by some people when I return to Australia. The English teaching does not seem to impress them much. " That is not a real job", some will say, even if you were working at a public university. Or even " Why are you helping our enemies learn our language". I find that remark to be to be offensive and racist. Sure, there are plenty of things wrong with China, but I certainly don't consider China to be an "enemy" of the West, or a threat to the West. It is not just Australians I have met who have this attitude, also British and American nationals. The Chinese may think the rest of the world has a love affair with China, but many Westerners do not like or trust the Chinese, or are indifferent to China.

As far as the UK is concerned,don't expect to teach in China for a year or two,and after returning get any kind of decent job in which national security is involved,even at the lowest level.

My first wife used to be in the "MOD Plod",the Ministry of Defence police.She told me about a former FT who returned to the UK hoping to join said police force.But after his application was briefly considered,it was binned by those in charge!But in contrast some really braindead thickoes,ex HM Forces,were taken on.Why did this happen?Because he'd lived in a Commy country too long,and therefore couldn't be trusted.Many 'folks' back home distrust any louwai who returns after being too long in China.Maybe they think such louwau have become too Chinese in mindset and outlook,and so have lost their morals.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Forged documents -- Turino -- 2009-04-22
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Forged documents

Go to another board -