TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › A Surveillance Camera in Every Classroom
Turino - 2009-04-24

At the key senior middle school where I'm teaching,I have just found out by chance that there is "A Surveillance Camera in Every Classroom".
During a spoken English class I asked the students to describe the classroom and its contents after introducing some key vocabulary such as water dispenser,film projector,curtain,air conditioner and radiator.One student spoke about the monitor in the classroom,adding that every student in the class hated it.I reminded him that contents are things,not people.Then he pointed towards something that looked like a small totally enclosed driveway lamp mounted on the wall.I checked it out;sure enough there was a camera inside the transparent casing,enabling the actions of teachers and students to be monitored electronically.According to another student it was very expensive.I'd never come across anything like it in a classroom until then.

Messages In This Thread
A Surveillance Camera in Every Classroom -- Turino -- 2009-04-24
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › A Surveillance Camera in Every Classroom

Go to another board -