TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Few good words to be found regarding bluinverse
Phil - 2009-05-14

G'day there.

Just wanted to let you and other teachers know of our good experiences with Bluniverse.
We are a mature Aussie couple who came to China about 4 months ago. We have been working for Bluniverse Go-Tone Foreign Language School in the head office in Hefei for the last three months.

We have found the owners/managers and staff here to be more than just helpful with everything we have asked for and needed. We came here not knowing what to expect and were somewhat sceptical about anything done the Chinese way. We have had some minor hiccups but the team have gone out of their way to ensure that these are remedied in the shortest possible time. Sure, some prompting may be needed but we want for nothing at this time.

On the whole, the crew are most friendly and we have made many new friends here. The owners were completely honest with us up front and admitted there were some management issues a while ago as they underwent an expansion program. We do see what we would consider in the west to be 'some planning/communications issues' but nothing that is worth getting your knickers in a knot over. All you need is a mature, sensible and common sense approach - no different from my experience of 28 years working in Oz.

I believe in the "you can't please all the people all the time" motto, but am confident in saying that if you make the effort, so will they. My experience so far is that these people will love and respect teachers who are willing to reciprocate. We know a number of teachers who have done much worse than us!

If you are considering a move to Hefei, or a job with Bluniverse, I would be happy to address any questions you may have about either. Please contact me via this site.

Enjoy the experience,

Cheers

Phil (& Lesley) Edwards
Hefei,Anhui, China
(formerly of Gympie, QLD)

Messages In This Thread
China contract - ESL discussion -- carole best -- 2005-05-30
Re: China contract - ESL discussion -- jason mackie -- 2010-05-27
Learn from our experience bluniverse is a hell -- CODENAME:maverick -- 2007-12-02
Re: Learn from our experience bluniverse is a hell -- Candy -- 2008-01-10
Re: Learn from our experience bluniverse is a hell -- Li Bai -- 2007-12-07
Re: Learn from our experience bluniverse is a hell -- andyfields -- 2007-12-05
Re: Learn from our experience bluniverse is a hell -- gobsmacked-english-teacher -- 2007-12-04
Re: Learn from our experience bluniverse is a hell -- maverick -- 2007-12-05
Re: Learn from our experience bluniverse is a hell -- gobsmacked -- 2007-12-05
Re: Learn from our experience bluniverse is a hell -- sam -- 2007-12-06
Few good words to be found regarding bluinverse -- hobart -- 2007-12-03
Re: Few good words to be found regarding bluinverse -- Phil -- 2009-05-14
Re: China contract - ESL discussion - Teachers Discussion -- indigenous -- 2007-11-18
DO NOT TRUST THE SCHOOL AT ALL - Teachers Discussion -- bluniverse teacher -- 2007-04-23
My brief encounter with Bluniverse - Teachers Discussion -- Old and Tired -- 2007-05-30
Re: My brief encounter with Bluniverse - Teachers Discussion -- Li Bai -- 2007-12-07
The school is BAD news! - Teachers Discussion -- IndigoSummers -- 2007-07-29
Beware of Bluniverse - Teachers Discussion -- Anon. -- 2007-05-29
Blue Universe - ESL discussion -- David -- 2005-07-26
Re-China contract. - ESL discussion -- Felix -- 2005-05-31
Research start - ESL discussion -- The Owl -- 2005-05-30
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Few good words to be found regarding bluinverse

Go to another board -