TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › What does ESL teacher mean?
earh - 2009-05-15

Hi everybody... I have been here in China for almost 9 months as ESL teacher in one of the universities in the south part of China. WHAT DOES ESL TEACHER MEAN?
There are only around 12 foreign t teachers from USA, Philippines, UK, EU - Poland, Australia and New Zealand. I felt very sad when I found that our university wont renew because the university changed the qualifications of ESL teachers - this is to provide better education to all students. One of the qualifications is being NATIVE SPEAKER. I understand why our school wont renew me... They wont renew because I am not native speaker. But why the university wants to renew a teacher from Poland because...? - he looks like native speaker.. WHAT THE HECK.. I dont have any thing against Polish..He is not native speaker. I heard many negative things about this teacher. His accent is very strong. Students dont like him because they could not understand the way he speak cause of his accent. Anyway... I am very happy, my students who were his students before told me I AM BETTER than him.. (This is not bragging).My physical appearance is like ASIAN because of my ancestors. I am asking everybody to answer my simple question, no matter your nationality is: Korean, Japanese, Taiwanese, Filipino, Brazilian, Mexican, American, European and etc. WHAT DOES ESL TEACHER MEAN?

Messages In This Thread
What does ESL teacher mean? -- earh -- 2009-05-15
Re: What does ESL teacher mean? -- Turino -- 2009-05-15
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › What does ESL teacher mean?

Go to another board -