TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: "For Visa Reasons More Than Anything"
cunning inguist - 2009-05-17
In response to Re: "For Visa Reasons More Than Anything" (Native English Speaker)

You wrote:
It seems that non-native speakers of English seeking posts as teachers of English in Liaoning can no longer qualify for Z visas. I'd imagine that this new restriction will also apply to the rest of China. Most probably, this is a consequence of a new regulation that has recently been introduced by the State Education Commission. That is definitely good news for the Chinese EFL Industry and its students.

Having worked in three universities in Liaoning,including at Dalian, but with no experience of private providers I will not comment on Shane. However, I feel your generalisations starting "It seems.. I'd imagine..then, "most probably... " should be challenged. I read the government websites covering legislation and talk to colleagues, particularly the Party Secretary, about what's happening in education at State level. I'm certain that, as she knows my views on improving the education system in China, she would have mentioned such a radical change. I will check with friends in Liaoning province and my agent, who comes from there, to see if what you suppose is actually correct.

I'm sorry but at this stage, this is yet another example on this Forum of one situation in one organisation being extrapolated into a provincial mandate and then a country-wide phenomenon.

As for non-native speakers, one of the best I have worked with is a Belgian who speaks 5 languages fluently. On the other hand, if you would publish here, the "regulation", I will humbly apologise.

Messages In This Thread
Re: "For Visa Reasons More Than Anything" -- Native English Speaker -- 2009-05-17
Re: "For Visa Reasons More Than Anything" -- MAC -- 2009-05-17
Re: "For Visa Reasons More Than Anything" -- Turino -- 2009-05-17
Re: "For Visa Reasons More Than Anything" -- cunning inguist -- 2009-05-17
Re: "For Visa Reasons More Than Anything" -- Native English Speaker -- 2009-05-17
Re: "For Visa Reasons More Than Anything" -- cunning lingist -- 2009-05-18
Re: "For Visa Reasons More Than Anything" -- Native English Speaker -- 2009-05-19
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: "For Visa Reasons More Than Anything"

Go to another board -