TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: "For Visa Reasons More Than Anything"
Adam Harbinson - 2009-05-19

Hello Silverboy,

I am the Academic Manager at Shane English School in Dalian.

I am interested to see where all the bad reviews of our school are posted. I have certainly not come across them so far. I do welcome constructive criticism although, as you note yourself, you are making a judgement about us having never worked at one of our franchises and, it seems, without ever having met someone who does either (please correct me if I'm wrong).

As for our recruiting policy; I don't know if you were talking about us, but it certainly seemed to me that, in the post I last read, you accuse us of bias on the grounds of race. If that was your intent, then I would like to point out that we are an equal opportunities employer and that we have hired teachers of both African and Asian origins.

As to your point about our hiring policy, you are right that not all native speakers make the best teachers and some have dreadful English, but that is what INTERVIEWS are for - our requirements set out in my advert are the minimum requirements for visas application in Liaoning at present - interview process is there to ensure that we hire the right people.

I do welcome your response and if anyone has any genuine criticism based on facts rather than conjecture, then I welcome that too - we are not a Cowboy operation, believe it or not

Regards,

Adam.

Messages In This Thread
Re: "For Visa Reasons More Than Anything" -- Adam Harbinson -- 2009-05-19
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: "For Visa Reasons More Than Anything"

Go to another board -