TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Curfew at Hui Hua college, Shijiazhuang
Turino - 2009-05-21

In fact,they can't make you sign an addendum to your contact about keeping your rooms neat and tidy,or anything else for that matter,if,as your post implies,it's an addendum further to the original addendum.Let's put it this way.They asked you to sign said addendum,and you chose to oblige them.
As for this signing in and signing out crap,I'd say you're treated worse than children,more like prisoners whose every move is being monitored.Curfews too.Personally I can bear that as I'm too old to be clubbing.But some young FT's have a diametrically oppoosite point of view to mine about that.Yes,backward is the word that springs to mind.
What you said reminds me of something that occurred at a college in China in which I taught more than 10 years ago.Maybe it's worth relating here.The FAO,a Chinese teacher of English,told me he had to be informed in advance whenever I received any foreign visitors so he could join us to make sure we weren't plotting to overthrow his country's government.The one and only louwai who visited me during the two years I taught there was a German tourist,and after I had invited the FAO to join us,we spoke in German.Said FAO couldn't speak a word of German,so lost face and disappeared after several minutes. After he had gone,we switched to English....LOL!

Messages In This Thread
Curfew at Hui Hua college, Shijiazhuang -- James -- 2009-04-01
Re: Curfew at Hui Hua college, Shijiazhuang -- B -- 2009-05-21
Re: Curfew at Hui Hua college, Shijiazhuang -- Turino -- 2009-05-21
Re: Curfew at Hui Hua college, Shijiazhuang -- Turino -- 2009-04-01
Re: Curfew at Hui Hua college, Shijiazhuang -- me -- 2009-04-02
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Curfew at Hui Hua college, Shijiazhuang

Go to another board -