TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: "For Visa Reasons More Than Anything"
Turino - 2009-05-24

A TA will always try to defend the reputation of a crap school, even if they have been mistreated there.
The reason: Usually they are graduates of some C or D grade university and their "qualifications" are basically worthless. A language school is usually the only place they can find employment.
These young women are powerless and disenfranchised, so they try to bully and boss around FT's ( especially new FT's ) After all, they need some way to try and feel important, don't they? A lot like DOS at private language schools in China and Korea also.

I agree with what you have said above.But I would like you to imagine yourself to be one of those young women in China,just for a minute.I think you'd react in the same way as what you've detailed above,and if you were reasonably good-looking,you'd swoon once your FT made a pass at you.In fact,marrying an FT is perhaps the only way the more beautiful ones can get out of their underpaid deadend jobs - by means of their physical attributes and clever dress sense they can often hook an FT.Perhaps you don't realise that those unlucky young women live in filthy dormitories,for which they have to pay rent,and only earn between 1000 and 1500 a month for working much longer hours,including time spent writing up 20 lesson plans/week,than the FT's they accompany.In contrast,an FT lives in comparative luxury rent-free,and earns at least 5000 a month.But once a TA moves in with an FT,the company will fire the TA.Whenever East meets West in said way,the TC boss can no longer trust or continue to be cruel to the soon-to-be wed TA.He knows this,so he lets her go!

Messages In This Thread
Re: "For Visa Reasons More Than Anything" -- Turino -- 2009-05-24
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: "For Visa Reasons More Than Anything"

Go to another board -