TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Why training centres are to be avoided!
Duncan - 2009-06-02

I don't blame you for having an eye for a pretty gal. So have I. As Chinese TC bosses usually allocate the most beautiful of their TA's to their older FT's, that suits me fine. No doubt, you feel the same about that. It is usually done to prevent puppy love interfering with the TA's duties of reporting everything, and I mean absolutely everything, regarding her FT's actions both in and outside the classroom to her Chinese boss.
But some young enterprising FT's have gotten round this attempted segregation by arranging dates secretly after working hours on the phone with some beautiful TA's who are made to assist older FT's in the classroom. On more than one occasion have I seen new love affairs emanate in this way, and later blossom into marriage rather quickly. Then the TA's are let go at once by their Chinese employers as the latter feel they can no longer trust the former. But I don't think the new brides let that bother them at all - they were paid basement wages, overworked, and generally treated like dirt in every possible way by their Chinese bosses. The sad thing is many new Chinese graduates have no choice but to take such poorly paid jobs, usually those girls from rural backgrounds or poor urban families.However, what's good is that at the age they're at, they're looking for love for the first time in their lives. One thing the young foreign men are very good at is treating them like ladies, something young Chinese men know absolutely nothing about! Marrying a foreigner is a great way for a beautiful TA to ascend to the ranks of the middle class very quickly, and many of them are astute enough to accept dates and eventually fall in love with young FT's, if given half a chance to do so.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Why training centres are to be avoided! -- Turino -- 2009-06-01
Re: Why training centres are to be avoided! -- Duncan -- 2009-06-02
Re: Why training centres are to be avoided! -- Turino -- 2009-06-02
Re: Why training centres are to be avoided! -- Turino -- 2009-06-02
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Why training centres are to be avoided!

Go to another board -