TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Cosmos International University
cunnng linguist - 2009-06-02

Thanks for the compliment, it's kind of you. When I worked in government I was writing between 8-10,000 words a week, compiling reports for politicians and committees so it's just something I have done for a long time. I doubt very much that Mr Pau has been appointed on the basis of his 'higher degrees' and is actually working and being paid a professor's salary for teaching "oral English/ Advance(d) Business English." But I still make typographical errors (and others, no doubt) as I don't always preview a post, and read very quickly.

I am considering starting my own virtual university along similar lines to Cosmos. It will be called -
The Walter Mitty University of the Solar System.. It will confer a degree on anybody who desires one or needs a certificate to get a crappy job. Fees will be kept low, basically the costs of the printing or photocopying of the degree certificate(s). There will be significant discounts on fees for young male Americans and a free guidebook/city guide on where to find the prettiest ladies in China who like Americans. As this will be a guide for everyone there will also be a section on gay and lesbian clubs. Candidates from America will only be disqualified if they us the phrase "It sucks" during the interview.

I am considering recruiting Mr. Pau as an academic coordinator as he has substantial experience in this field, and, as an equal opoortunity employer, he can use the word "colligate" in every sentence.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Cosmos International University -- cunnng linguist -- 2009-06-02
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Cosmos International University

Go to another board -