TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Tianshou / Jilin Foreign Exchange Service Centre
Turino - 2009-06-09

I know what you are talking about re the contract.The official one is,as you say,numbered,and should have a clause about arbitration in Beijing in the event of a dispute that is unresolvable after attempted negotiation locally.There is also an appendix,which is not numbered.It details the teaching duties among other things.
To issue an FT with a Resident's Permit,the PSB needs your contract,your medical,and your Foreign Experts' Certificate.FT's without a Western university degree can't get the FEC from certain provincial capitals.Z visas for the province are only approved by the provincial capital,though you may be teaching elsewhere in the province.You only have 30 days from your date of entry into China on your Z visa to get the RP.If you don't get the RP,you're in trouble.After that,the Z visa reverts to an L.Then you can extend the L for 10 days,and then exit China,or be illegal at 500Yuan/day fine up to a ceiling of 5000 Yuan.Your situation is dreadful there!I've never heard of such a thing,but one lives and learns.I wouldn't expect much help from foreign embassies/visa offices - I've heard most of them are disinterested in the problems of FT's!Why don't all of you unite and go to the PSB in the provincial capital en masse?

Messages In This Thread
Re: Tianshou / Jilin Foreign Exchange Service Centre -- Jayvin -- 2009-06-08
Re: Tianshou / Jilin Foreign Exchange Service Centre -- Faith -- 2009-06-08
Re: Tianshou / Jilin Foreign Exchange Service Centre -- Native teacher -- 2009-06-08
Re: Tianshou / Jilin Foreign Exchange Service Centre -- Turino -- 2009-06-08
Re: Tianshou / Jilin Foreign Exchange Service Centre -- Mahoma Iza -- 2010-05-21
Re: Tianshou / Jilin Foreign Exchange Service Centre -- native teacher -- 2009-06-09
Re: Tianshou / Jilin Foreign Exchange Service Centre -- Turino -- 2009-06-10
Re: Tianshou / Jilin Foreign Exchange Service Centre -- Turino -- 2009-06-09
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Tianshou / Jilin Foreign Exchange Service Centre

Go to another board -