TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Tianshou / Jilin Foreign Exchange Service Centre
Turino - 2009-06-10

Turnoi,I was just thinking what I would do if I were there.Well,I wouldn't do a bunk,on account of not having my passport.As for being employed legally or not,I reckon I would be.The employer is withholding teachers' passports to keep his employees there.But if a teacher informed a policeman that his passport was being withheld,the policeman couldn't ignore that.The company would have some awkward questions to answer,especially if said passport had been withheld for no good reason for a long time.In fact,it should have been returned along with the Resident's Permit once said permit had been issued.Of course,financial considerations are also involved.The teacher will perhaps need cash for an air ticket to return to his homeland on completion of the contract.As things stand,the company has wronged its FT's by withholding their passports.Of course,having your passport withheld is not only unjustifiable but also illegal in said situation.Chinese law requires louwai in China to have their passports on them at all times!That's the way to start an investigation,and it cannot be swept under the carpet by a crooked policeman!

Messages In This Thread
Re: Tianshou / Jilin Foreign Exchange Service Centre -- Turino -- 2009-06-10
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Tianshou / Jilin Foreign Exchange Service Centre

Go to another board -