TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Peace Corps volunteer needs one-stop English manual!
KG - 2009-06-10

Hi,
Im a Peace Corps volunteer stationed in a medium-sized town in Paraguay. Im teaching English in the classroom to 7th-, 8th-, and 9th-graders, as well as smaller groups of young adults (20s and 30s), and another informal group of elementary-school age children. I unfortunately am only working with one manual and its really outdated and not appropriate for my students, so I feel a little stranded out here!

Id like to order another, more complete teaching manual. My students have little to no formal English training, but they do have some familiarity from movies and music. Do you have any suggestions? I am under a budget constraint ($40 or less) since Im a volunteer. And I wont be able to use lesson plans that require concurrent computer activities. Ideally, the plans will focus on oral English and provide dynamic and creative activities, along with a solid structural base.

Thank you for any tips you can give!

Take care,
KG

Messages In This Thread
Peace Corps volunteer needs one-stop English manual! -- KG -- 2009-06-10
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Peace Corps volunteer needs one-stop English manual!

Go to another board -