TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Ladies and gentlemen, please!
Jayvin - 2009-06-15

Well, you called us out on our behavior, and I must agree. As a lurker before posting, I was surprised by the number of highly personal comments made by those who call themselves professionals. I made a couple of them myself to elfree when I let myself get pissed off. But at the very least, elfree and I made an effort to show each other some respect. As for your latest detractor, I'm still surprised, in an "is this guy (or gal) for real" kind of way, to see such comments in direct opposition to the tone of your post.

Well I'm well aware of the Socratic method, and have been practicing it since my teens, believe me, from what I read, which you did not write, you don't really grasp it so well, it's about more then just asking questions my friend, you have a cursory understanding of Greek Philosophy at best, trust me on that.

"Then" for "than" - I love it when someone makes such an obvious usage mistake while trying, and failing, to be superior -not to mention the run-on sentence. Also, you didn't claim to write that, hence the posted reference.

And most of all,

Nice, but I don't think you understand the Socratic method, because to be honest, what the heck does this have to do with what you said initialy? Nothing.
I also love it when someone makes spelling errors while trying, and failing, to be superior. Looks like with this quote that he missed the point about actually paying attention to what posters write and asking questions rather than making it personal. Incredible.
Messages In This Thread
Re: Ladies and gentlemen, please! -- Jayvin -- 2009-06-15
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Ladies and gentlemen, please!

Go to another board -