TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Turino - 2009-06-16

Excellent post,DitheringPidderPadder!
Shortly after our posts re F visas appeared in this thread,it so happened that two ropey recruiters placed ads for Yuncheng on this board.I saw that as a bit of a coincidence,worthy of mentioning.I was being a little sarcastic when I said an advert for Yuncheng would interest you.And then became a little surprised when lo and behold another one appeared.
Anyway,folks,you can't say you haven't been well warned about teaching without a Z visa,even just for one day.Be it on your own head if you do so and are found out by the relevant authorities.Don't winge about it on here.You'll get no sympathy if you do so - because you deserve none!
Thanks again,DitheringPidderPadder,for a most informative post.Let's hope it will dissuade many budding FT's without Western university degrees from going to Yuncheng,or indeed anywhere else in China,to teach illegally.
And let's hope Chinese employers will obtain Residents' Permits for their louwai employee before asking them to teach,which necessarily means signing teaching contracts before anything else.You see,the Z visa is only a visa allowing a louwai to enter China for employment purposes,to be replaced by a Resident's Permit within 30 days of said louwai having entered China.It's illegal to teach without a Resident's Permit issued to supercede a Z visa,even just for one day.There are many,many educational establishments that break the law here by insisting their FT's teach without Residents' Permits for a few days or a little longer.Shame on them because their directors are Chinese!That's the other side of the coin,if anyone out there is interested!It takes two to tango,as they say!Beware and be aware!

Messages In This Thread
Re: visa's -- Turino -- 2009-06-16

Go to another board -