TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Cosmos International University
Prof.Dr.David Ngin Sian Pau - 2009-06-21

That's call discrimination. I am not greedy about them though. The problem is students or recruiters, who only gave jobs to native speakers ran from one native English speaker after another but what a pity, they couldn't even say yes or no at appropriate time and situation at the end of the course. I know Chinese are rich and can pay any amount of money to native speakers. Some Chinese even went to some Universities in western countries for studying English and spent a lot of money probably, twenty times more than what they might spend for studying in China. Some of them came back to study in my class but they didn't speak better English than their classmates who never went to any western countries. They say they lived in a nice campus, saw tall buildings and were in native English speaking class every time. But what is the use, they can't even get a middle paid job in China because of their poor quality English. It's good for nothing.

What I mean here is, out of 1.3 billion people living China, why should I worry about getting a few students, who may want to have an English teacher exactly like me? Even if they go for native English speaker's class, I know they will return to my class after 6 months or one year. I have been in China for 5 years and it happens every now and then everywhere I taught English. I would like to tell you expertise, profession and quality English teaching ability does matter rather than being a native English speaker with white skin and blone hair color.

I feel happy and thank God that he has made me as exactly as I am. My figure is the best body structure in the world you can ever think of, my skin color is perfect but not the same as white people, my education also is excellent especially in the area of teaching English and I always get the best job in teaching job market, so I love and respect myself and happy in who I am. Discriminators will disappear someday like the dust blown by the wind and I will worry no more.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Cosmos International University -- Prof.Dr.David Ngin Sian Pau -- 2009-06-21
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Cosmos International University

Go to another board -