TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Spouses of Chinese Nationals Renewing L Visas,Lengthy Process
Turino - 2009-06-25

To renew visa for a long L visa,I need to:
i)go to the PSB in my spouse's hometown to pick up 2 forms.
ii)go to the police station where I bought or rented a dwelling to get one of the forms stamped.Maybe the right person is out,so must return.
iii)go to the main police station in charge of said police station to get a 2nd stamp on said form.Maybe the right person is out,so must return.
iv)return to said PSB with the 2 forms completed + 'dwelling hukou'/ dwelling rental contract + my spouse's 'hukou' + my marriage certificate + my passport and apply for a new visa,having been requested to apply 5 working days before my current visa will expire.
v)provide one of a set of four digital photos taken on the premises just then.Non-digital or photo a year old rejected.
vi)get photo taken there by webcam after paying the fee,and applying for L visa.I apply for L for tourist and for visiting a relative,my spouse,as I like travelling,and feel I needn't remain cooped up in my spouse's hometown despite having bought a dwelling there!I apply for a 360-day visa.
vii)return about 7 days' later with the receipt + my passport,not knowing if I will get 360-day,a 180-day or a 90-day visa.
viii)Were I to renew elsewhere in China,I believe I can only get 10 days,or maybe 30 days if I make a fuss at the counter.Were I to renew outside China,I can only get a 30-day visa these days.

The whole process also involves having to submit photocopies of some or all of the original documentation at each stage while providing the originals,which are checked against the photocopies,and having to wait up to an hour and a half at the PSB before the boss gives the okay for the visa to be issued.In my opinion,the process has become lengthier and more complicated since 'one dream year'.

Messages In This Thread
Spouses of Chinese Nationals Renewing L Visas,Lengthy Process -- Turino -- 2009-06-25
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Spouses of Chinese Nationals Renewing L Visas,Lengthy Process

Go to another board -