TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Blacklisting of FTs in China - A Warning!
Prof.Dr.David Ngin Sian Pau - 2009-06-26

You make me mad at when you talk about "complete contract". I taught at Foreign Language Experimental School in Chengdu and signed a contract for a year last year. By the time, I got an email with crime scene attachments which, in my opinion, took place in Chengdu or in China. Reporting the crime scene to the nearest police station caused the school director scared too much that it resulted in asking me to go back home for Christmas and New Year. So I went back home to Myanmar to spend Christmas and New Year holiday. Unfortunately, I was forced to leave the school when I came back to school because I registered my name and got a temporary resident permit at Hang Kong Gang Police station, in Chengdu. I was scolded because of that registration so we had some quarrel with school administrator, Barbie Zou. Maybe because she doesn't like the police. So the school director, Irene Zheng asked me to leave the school in two months after getting the new job. So Chengdu is almost like a horrible place to teach for me. Moreover, the local Bank of China didn't welcome me at all so that I couldn't transfer my money into my online moneybookers account and a local bank account in another city. I felt very bad about it.

In fact, it not necessary to leave, even then I got another job at Jiangxi Normal University in Nanchang and I was told that I should start teaching English at the university on 1st March, 2009. So I went there and taught for more three full month and left the University on 6th June. It's a kind of transfer arranged between the international exchange center of the school in Chengdu and Jiangxi Normal University so it's not necessary to get a new visa. I used the same contract. But not as they promised me in the interview, Jiangxi Normal University did ask me to work for four full months though I worked there till the first week of June. Other institutes I worked for last year paid me full month salary though I worked only for a week or two that is the reason why I am ecking out a living in Shenzhen city. It's not good to ask money from employer unless it is automatically understood and paid full amount till the contract, resident permit or foreign expert certificate expires. So you know what I am trying to say here and who is to blame in this matter. I can say I was cheated. I can claim the money before I left the university but for the reason that I want to sign another one year contract to teach English in China, I kept it as it is. Though I am on holiday, I am still looking for a nother contract to sign for a teaching English job.

At Cosmos, we don't hire any professor at the moment unless we have enough heuristic researchers at Master's, PhD and DPh level. Frankly speaking, we are not in a position to hire any professor at this time. We need a part time translator who can translate an autobiography from Teizang to English. That is the only job offer we have for now. It seems that you are looking for a job at Cosmos. If so, you should contact me for more information. This forum is not for everything you want to know about Cosmos International University.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Blacklisting of FTs in China - A Warning! -- Prof.Dr.David Ngin Sian Pau -- 2009-06-26
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Blacklisting of FTs in China - A Warning!

Go to another board -