TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Advice needed: considering contract Foshan, China
HireEd - 2009-06-26

Hello, again, Brandon.

Thanks for providing the template contract. I could offer lots more "reg flags" (pardon the pun) but the most notable worrisome item in your response regards the visa. There was a time when it was permissable for someone to come in on a L visa, and then have it coverted to a proper Z visa. As far as I know, China has very much clamped down on this employment entry method, and so I am quite troubled about this suggestion to you by the school. One thing you should know about China is that schools can make all sorts of claims and promises, but they cannot follow through with such things (such as converting L visa to Z) then you are out of luck and must leave -- at your expense. Also, China immigration will hold YOU responsible, not the school, which allows them to make all kinds of false pledges in order to lure you to the school. Be VERY CAREFUL about this!

I often agree with many opinions held by poster "Silverboy." He is telling you to avoid kindergarten teaching and to avoid Foshan. Heed his advice as well.

Bottom line: keep looking. Don't settle for this position.

PS -- the "maximum" medication allowance of 20RMB per month made me LOL!

Messages In This Thread
Advice needed: considering contract Foshan, China -- Brandon -- 2009-06-25
More info and picture -- tl -- 2009-06-26
Re: Advice needed: considering contract Foshan, China -- Brandon -- 2009-06-26
Re: Advice needed: considering contract Foshan, China -- Brandon -- 2009-06-26
Re: Advice needed: considering contract Foshan, China -- Turino -- 2009-06-26
Re: Advice needed: considering contract Foshan, China -- HireEd -- 2009-06-26
Re: Advice needed: considering contract Foshan, China -- Turino -- 2009-06-25
Re: Advice needed: considering contract Foshan, China -- HireEd -- 2009-06-25
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Advice needed: considering contract Foshan, China

Go to another board -