TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: You can`t compare with Kafka as a cheap copy - the original is much better!
znarf akfak - 2009-06-27

"It is NOT absurd to call for an educated exchange of views in a good manner. But it is absurd to expect that people are not paid back in like manner if they are starting to poison the atmosphere within which the desirable could be done."
Turnoi

But doesn't that just further poison the atmosphere? Wouldn't you rather clear the air by simply providing a rational and/or compelling argument? Calling people names, being abrasive, abusive and accusative have the effect of steering the discussion away from the critical issue and more toward a never ending cycle of absurdity.

Not to digress too over much, but I think the North Korean situation is a good example of the above. Years of accusations, name callings and abrasiveness toward the West and more specifically America have been a real road block to any serious detente, or meaningful dialogue, that could have prevented the impasse that has escalated into the serious situation it has become. Of course GW's abusive language didn't help either. Bottom line: No real work being done. Just a lot of incendiary blah, blah, blah.

I can't imagine why you would think that I think I could compare with Kafka. I can't. Thus the backward spelling.

Personally, I would consider Kafka's works to be more existential than surreal, but there are probably those who would agree with your assertion and consider them more surreal. Either way, it's far more than words splattered across a page. He forces us to dig deeper for the actual meaning.

Funny how often it is that when you disagree with someone that means they must be "Fish." You really miss that guy, don't you? Yeah, you guys had a great exchange going on for quite some time. Good stuff. Not too abrasive. Often humorous. But, nope, I'm not Fish. Oh, you forgot to mention USMC in your list this time. You had a fun repartee going with him, too. I miss that guy. And, no, I'm not him either.

Messages In This Thread
Re: You can`t compare with Kafka as a cheap copy - the original is much better! -- znarf akfak -- 2009-06-27
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: You can`t compare with Kafka as a cheap copy - the original is much better!

Go to another board -