TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Negative School Review Feedback
HireEd - 2009-07-06
In response to Negative School Review Feedback (paul)

I certainly hope other expats will weigh in on this issue, but I doubt the former employer can do much to hurt you. (But again, I left China a year and a half ago, so who knows...) Intimidation is frequently the weapon of choice with ESL employers, but doing more would actually mean doing more (rather than mere verbal threats), and would require lots of efforts (money and guanxi) and their part. Not sure.

More importantly, are you still in the same city? Province?

I had one employer threaten me (said he would "hunt me down like a dog" and make trouble for me) but as soon as I switched provinces, that was the end of any potential trouble. Besides, he had a horrible reputation in the area from which I fled and so no one would likely get involved with him against an American who was there with all proper documentions, visa, etc.

Good luck, and I hope someone can provide some real, concrete legal answers to your questions and warranted fears.

Raoul Duke, Silverboy, DPP, are you out there???

Messages In This Thread
Negative School Review Feedback -- paul -- 2009-07-06
Re: Negative School Review Feedback -- Dragonized -- 2009-07-07
Re: Negative School Review Feedback -- HireEd -- 2009-07-06
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Negative School Review Feedback

Go to another board -