TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Need help with a visa problem
Visa problems Bigtime - 2009-07-16

I have a big problem, and need help posthaste. I have one of those crappy 6 month F visas which requires a person to leave mainland China every month to keep the visa valid. Yes I know, terrible visa to have. Anyhow, not to get into too much detail, but I missed my departure because of a scheduling snaffu, and will therefore not be able to make it out of mainland China before my visa expires, meaning that, at best, I will have to leave China and return to my home country within 10 days of my visa expiring.

My question is, will I be given any problems, detained and forced to miss a flight I will undoubtably have to make back to the states, if I try to leave China on an expired visa within 10 days of it expiring?

This is all new to me, as in three years I have never had any problems, but s**t happens I suppose. Just wanted to know what kind of difficulties I could expect to have to face, if any, or if there are any alternatives, though I don't think there are, as I've known a few people who overstayed just a little by accident and were given the "You must leave China within 10 days" sticker in the passport, basically tyhe kiss of death.

I also wanted to know if there would be some form of blacklist enforced against me, or will I have no problem getting another visa once I am back in the states.

Sorry for all the questions, but I am new to such a snaffu, have little time, and from experience believe this is the best place to come for answers on such things. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer, and please, do be kind in your responses, I know I messed up bigtime, don't need to be told this.

Messages In This Thread
Need help with a visa problem -- Visa problems Bigtime -- 2009-07-16
Re: Need help with a visa problem -- Visa problems Bigtime -- 2009-07-17
Re: Need help with a visa problem -- Monitor -- 2009-07-16
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Need help with a visa problem

Go to another board -