TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › About criminal background checks as well as Foreigner Criminals you've met in China
Dragonized - 2009-07-18

Hello everyone I was wondering if there was anyone well versed with the laws of doing background checks from the native countries that you are from, respectively. The reason I ask is because I would like to know what it will take for governments in many countries to implement a system where Foreigners who come here to work are subjugated to background checks. I have found that people who are criminals back in their home countries will still tend to behave like criminals and associate with people (read: crooked owners/bosses of training schools or shady recruiters) who think and act like them.

What kinds of people have you met in China, Korea, Japan, Thailand, Phillipines, and other Asian countries who have confessed to being subject to arrest if they had stepped foot back in their own countries? What was it for? Child support payments? Assault? Fraud? I read one of Silverboy's posts about an FT who got fired at a training center for having a sexual relationship with 2 of his female, non-adult students and I have met people like that here in China too. We should all share some stories so we can show everyone who is new to the ESL industry the types of characters whom they will come across. Hope this leads to some good information.

Messages In This Thread
About criminal background checks as well as Foreigner Criminals you've met in China -- Dragonized -- 2009-07-18
Re: About criminal background checks as well as Foreigner Criminals you've met in China -- Theo -- 2009-07-19
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › About criminal background checks as well as Foreigner Criminals you've met in China

Go to another board -