TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Lost passoprt, what to do?
WOLF TOTEM - 2009-07-19
In response to Lost passoprt, what to do? (Anxious)

You MUST file a report with the local constabulary stating that your passport has been stolen. This report will be filed at the police station closest to the area where your passport was stolen. Ask one of your Chinese friends to accompany you, you will need a translator. Don't forget to get a copy of this report. Then, go to the PSB with copy of police report in hand and file a 'Statement of Loss of Passport.' If the officials in your city are as slow as the ones where I live, this process will take from one to two working days. Again, I strongly suggest that you take your Chinese friend s with you. Then, contact your countries' consulate and file for a new passport.

I am unable to address specifics regarding your visa. When my passport was stolen, my visa was still valid for nearly six months. So, I did not have this concern. However, I think that you are worrying needlessly. The matter is out of your hands. Progress slowly and diligently, making certain that all steps and procedures are followed and all forms filled out correctly. Make at least six copies of all documents that are involved. Copy of lost passport, visa, photos, marriage certificate, other, all documents that pertain to your visit to, stay in China.

The reason you contact your consulate last is because they will not begin the paperwork for a new passport until/unless you have the PSB 'Statement of Loss of Passport' with you and are able to produce it for validation.

Finally, relax. You will not/can not help yourself by worrying yourself to death.

Messages In This Thread
Lost passoprt, what to do? -- Anxious -- 2009-07-19
Re: Lost passoprt, what to do? -- WOLF TOTEM -- 2009-07-19
Re: Lost passoprt, what to do? -- HireEd -- 2009-07-19
Re: Lost passoprt, what to do? -- Anxious -- 2009-07-20
Re: Lost passoprt, what to do? -- HireEd -- 2009-07-20
Re: Lost passoprt, what to do? -- WOLF TOTEM -- 2009-07-20
Re: Lost passoprt, what to do? -- Anxious -- 2009-07-20
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Lost passoprt, what to do?

Go to another board -