TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Refusal of jobs to left handed blacks in China
Li Bai - 2009-07-27
In response to Re: Refusal of jobs to blacks in China (HireEd)

Interesting topic and very relevant at this point. At least to me. I am Black and have been in this game for nine years. I was recently transferred to Huai Nan, Anhui Province. The Phillipine teacher, with exceptional English training and speaking skills, was transferred out because he "did not look foreign enough". There were two weeks left in the old term. The new term contracts have not been signed because the parents "do not like you."

Only having met these people, as a group, to determine needs assessments, some basic introductory stuff like "Hello" and a few low level questions to determine abilities make me a "bad" teacher. And I forgot to mention that the children "would become confused" if I used my left hand to write.

My bosses deny the racial issue, but three crying(at full volume)Chinese children, and parental looks that could raise the Titanic give me a different perspective.

Denying my racial heritage is something I WILL NOT DO. Nor will I try to take on Mother Nature as to the gifts she has provided. In the meantime, if anybody knows of a good place needing an experienced teacher at the high school, university or adult levels, give me a shout.

Left handed people are the only ones born in their right mind

Messages In This Thread
Refusal of jobs to blacks in China -- FESTUS -- 2009-07-25
Re: Refusal of jobs to blacks in China -- HireEd -- 2009-07-25
Re: Refusal of jobs to left handed blacks in China -- Li Bai -- 2009-07-27
Re: Refusal of jobs to blacks in China -- Migrant Worker -- 2009-07-25
Re: Refusal of jobs to blacks in China -- david -- 2009-08-04
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Refusal of jobs to left handed blacks in China

Go to another board -