TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Refusal of jobs to blacks in China
lawyer - 2009-07-28
In response to Re: Refusal of jobs to blacks in China (meipang)

Hi to all... I stand here niether to praise nor to condemn... the evil that men do lives after them... Some people might as well try to do some decent research before posting outright racist remarks on this forum. Remember africans in China are foreigners and human like you too. Being african is not a crime. or is it, meipang? South Africa(an AFRICAN nation), features among the top 5 in china ESL. My point is this... generalization is somewhat used by people who don't bother, or are too lazy, to carry out even basic research, before drawing conclusions, and opt for the easy way out with silly excuses such as "most schools at which I've worked in China employ foreign teachers to teach "Oral English." Again, if this makes me racist I guess I am, but a very high percentage of Africans I've met speak English with such a heavy African accent that I, a native speaker of English, sometimes have trouble understanding them". What about those you have not met? or the other part of the high percentage you met who don't have that heavy accent? or the other"native speakers" who understand them with little trouble?
I admire this poster for his frankness in openly exposing his racist tendencies.(moderators, you best know what to do).

Actually, every bit of the meipang poster's post makes my bowels churn, but the paragraph that really pisses me off is this: "What i suppose I'd recommend to Africans seeking teaching positions here is to be creative. Make lemonade if you're handed lemons. China is doing a lot of business in Africa these days. Play up your African accent instead of pretending you don't have one. "If you're doing business in Africa you'll hear lots of people like me." Know what I mean? And, yes, it's a drag but stop bothering to apply for "Oral English" positions and play up your writing skills, especially at universities. Lots of white folk, myself included, despise teaching writing". This guy is implying that blacks in general, and africans in particular are sub humans, inferior to the white race, hence should be eligble only for those jobs or positions despised or rejected by whites.

By the way, what do you think the africans in china are doing? exactly what you mentioned... making lemonade with the lemons handed to them by the corrupt and inefficient esl industry in china, and there is nothing you can do about that.

I REST MY CASE

Messages In This Thread
Re: Refusal of jobs to blacks in China -- meipang -- 2009-07-26
Re: Refusal of jobs to blacks in China -- Rebecca -- 2009-08-04
Re: Refusal of jobs to blacks in China -- lawyer -- 2009-07-28
Re: Refusal of jobs to blacks in China -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2009-07-27
Re: Refusal of jobs to blacks in China -- meipang -- 2009-07-27
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Refusal of jobs to blacks in China

Go to another board -