TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Anyone heard of Hampson English
Yingwen Laoshi - 2009-08-12

Silverboy, I do appreciate the fact that DPP has provided a good amount of advice on this forum, including warnings about dodgy recruiters and schools. What I criticized him for was the tone of his posts. His tone doesn't bother me much, anyway, but I highlighted those characteristics as a means of comparison to strengthen my claim that he is the same person who used to post on this forum as "Choatle". I stick by my description of DPPs posts. If you look up the verb "rant" in the dictionary, you would find it quite an accurate description of many of his contributions.

You also have given some good warnings on this forum, and made a useful contribution over the years. I think you shoot yourself in the foot, though, by often being too personal, aggressive and dogmatic in your views. I know that nobody's perfect including myself, but you're quite consistent in this regard. You, also seem to think that it's you, Turnoi and DPP against the world. Anybody who doesn't agree with your views is a "chigger" or an "apologist". The problem with this is that it often stifles honest, independent thought.

However, I also think that some people are too quick to label people as "China-bashers" because they strongly criticize an aspect of Chinese society. Again this "labelling" is used too much, and often stifles healthy debate. We all need to focus (myself included) on our message, and good reasoning, rather than labelling and criticizing the messenger.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Anyone heard of Hampson English -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2009-08-12
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Anyone heard of Hampson English

Go to another board -