TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD
lacrispy - 2009-09-09

"WORLDY" has just changed its name to "WORLDA". Still the same Mary Yuq (sometimes "Mary Yu") and the same dirty tactics prevail. Avoid this company when you come to Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province, in China. I have spent a year with them. When they contact you they say they are the employer and you sign a contract with them because you don't know any better. In reality, after you sign a contract, and they'll send you to a school ("WORLDA" is not a school). They have an office in the city, and they contract schools on different terms. When you start working they will deduct about 40% of what the school pays to them every month for your services. They do not do any more things for you than the school can do itself (visa, work permit, etc), and will deduct illegaly (comparing to official government contracts) pay for holidays, airfare reimburesement, etc. Schools in China follow the law and you don't need an agent for it. WORLDY / WORLDA had me running to Hongkong for extensions of my visa just to tell me at the end of the year that I've been working in China illegaly!!!. It could sometimes to be a challenge to find out what amount the school is really paying for your teaching, but with a few friends around the school, after a while you will know.
The bottom line is, be safe and have a contract signed directly with a school. If you still prefer to have an agent, stay away from WORLDY / WORLDA in Guangzhou, China. I've heard that there are some agents in Guangzhou that are still honest but after this experience I am going safe.
Teaching is a passion and a business. Let's keep the vultures out of it.

Messages In This Thread
Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- Leo -- 2009-01-01
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- Gary -- 2012-05-30
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- Cedric -- 2012-07-05
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- previous employee -- 2009-09-28
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- Gary R. -- 2013-07-06
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- John O'Shei -- 2013-07-27
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worlda Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- Craig -- 2012-07-19
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- Christina -- 2009-01-23
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- Not surprised anymore -- 2009-01-23
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- A teacher previously employed by this company -- 2009-03-08
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- safenow -- 2009-08-31
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- lacrispy -- 2009-09-09
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- Sam -- 2012-07-19
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- The Owl -- 2009-09-09
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- previous employee -- 2009-09-28
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- Anon -- 2010-04-20
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- englishgibson -- 2010-04-21
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- Anon -- 2010-05-09
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- Grace -- 2013-05-14
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- John O'Shei -- 2013-05-15
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD

Go to another board -