TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: My Preferred Chinese Recruiters' Modus Operandi
Monitor - 2009-09-11

It's good that my post made you happy. Hopefully, what you wrote about what occurred when you and your friend met the 'old Chinese wolf' recruiter in Shanghai will make pretty young foreign girls seeking teaching jobs who have read this post wary.
It has also prompted me to relate what happened one day last summer whilst I was in the company of my recruiter. He was in a bad mood for some reason that morning. In the space of four hours I was witness to him quarrelling vociferously with his wife, in their apartment twice, and in public once. She appeared not to be angered as she tried to calm him down. I should add that he also quarrelled in public with a foreign teacher who was in his direct employment teaching some young students and their parents. During class, he criticised the foreigner for using inappropriate vocabulary in terms of its high level of difficulty. I'm glad to say that unlike the recruiter's wife, the foreigner didn't back down. As I was rather upset and extremely embarrassed by my recruiter's ignorant behavior, I decided never to visit him again. He can find me a suitable job when I need one. As for socializing with him, I'll pass!

Messages In This Thread
My Preferred Chinese Recruiters' Modus Operandi -- Monitor -- 2009-09-11
Re: My Preferred Chinese Recruiters' Modus Operandi -- groucho -- 2009-09-14
Re: My Preferred Chinese Recruiters' Modus Operandi -- Monitor -- 2009-09-14
Re: My Preferred Chinese Recruiters' Modus Operandi -- Rin -- 2010-04-11
Re: My Preferred Chinese Recruiters' Modus Operandi -- Go for it! -- 2010-04-12
Re: My Preferred Chinese Recruiters' Modus Operandi -- Brigitte -- 2009-09-11
Re: My Preferred Chinese Recruiters' Modus Operandi -- Monitor -- 2009-09-11
Re: My Preferred Chinese Recruiters' Modus Operandi -- groucho -- 2009-09-15
Good old Frank? -- The Owl -- 2009-09-11
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: My Preferred Chinese Recruiters' Modus Operandi

Go to another board -