TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD
previous employee - 2009-09-28

i was hired by thiis company in 2008 and only signed a 3 mos contract.

upon arrival, they took my passport claiming that they will have to report itto the police that i have arrived. suppose it's a protocol to any foreigners in china and as a first timer, i have to buy that idea that they will have to do that for me.

before flying to china, i have asked her if i needed a physical examination and she said no. day after first meeting her in guangzhou, her assistant called me and apparently, i needed to see one. it pissed me off because i could have done it at home where I have an insurance for it and now, i have to pay for that physical examination in china. though they said i am entitled to a health benefit program, apparently i am not because i am only hired for 3 mos contract. nevertheless, it's still not fair because i already have asked her about it prior to my trip to china and she said no.

next day, i am asking for my passport back but they didn't want to return it until after sometime. i fought for it but it was claimed in a safety deposit or some crap.

i got paid with no receipt or whatsoever
. i have asked for it but i was told, i don't have to pay taxes in canada. partly true since my salary was not huge anyway, but i think i still have the right to ask for it just for the heck of formality.

mary yuq is a scam. she claims canadian and have lived in toronto. she also claims that she have taught in toronto public schools but one day, i made her tell me her canadian experience. why? i noticed that everytime i bring up toronto, she changes the subject about her trip in australia or some chinese cities.

apparently, she only have done voluntary teaching assistant work in "toronto schools" for few weeks and possibly a community daycare centres therefore she is not a real previous toronto public school teacher like she always claim.

one day, her "assistant" fail to listen to me about my gas tank in my apartment. few hrs later, my whole apartment smelt like gas so i called her to rescue me. I WAS DYING! she didn't listen and so i have to bug her every 5 minutes and tell her its not ok and i will call a police so they can probably send me and EMS. she started yelling at me and told me to calm down because she is in a different city 2 hrs away from guangzhou.. SOOO THE QUESTION IS: she was ignoring me but when i mentioned the presence of a police, why did she start freaking out, right?

sooooo finally she sent someone to rescue me around 2 AM bc i was dying from inhaling gas. i thought it was nice of her to send me to a hotel which to my surprise a house of mosquito and later on charge me for that night.

i can't remember anything else she has failed me with since it was a year ago but something i will not forget is getting a phone call one day and telling me that i have to go to hongkong the following day to exit and re-enter china for visa purposes and that's when i finally got a hold of my passport.

i guess she tried to be nice too. she sent me fruits wc only 2 apples are edible. the rest are rotten or over ripe.

beware of this lady. she is extremely rude too!

Messages In This Thread
Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- Leo -- 2009-01-01
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- Gary -- 2012-05-30
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- Cedric -- 2012-07-05
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- previous employee -- 2009-09-28
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- Gary R. -- 2013-07-06
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- John O'Shei -- 2013-07-27
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worlda Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- Craig -- 2012-07-19
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- Christina -- 2009-01-23
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- Not surprised anymore -- 2009-01-23
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- A teacher previously employed by this company -- 2009-03-08
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- safenow -- 2009-08-31
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- lacrispy -- 2009-09-09
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- Sam -- 2012-07-19
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- The Owl -- 2009-09-09
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- previous employee -- 2009-09-28
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- Anon -- 2010-04-20
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- englishgibson -- 2010-04-21
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- Anon -- 2010-05-09
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- Grace -- 2013-05-14
Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD -- John O'Shei -- 2013-05-15
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Teaching in Guangzhou Worldy Cultral &Edcuational Service CO.LTD

Go to another board -